Corvettes of Bakersfield
Board Meeting Minutes
July, 6, 2020
Location: Bill Dean’s Home, 4004 Goldwood Ct. Bakersfield, CA 93306
- The meeting was called to order by Bill Dean at 6:30 pm.
David Kielty led the group in the flag salute.
Bill Dean, COB president, asked 2020 board members to introduce themselves:
Tony Sparano Vice President
Diane Wallace Secretary
Ken Stewart Events Coordinator
Donnie Hansen Newsletter
David Keilty Sergeant at Arms
Liz Zaniniovich Public Relations Director
Kim MIller Membership Director
Virgil Miller Webmaster
*Linda McNitt Governor, NCCC
Carl Lange Treasurer
Janice Dean, Chris Espita, Candice Kielty, Myna Stewart, LeRoy Wallace
- Tony made a motion to approve June 2, 2020 minutes
David seconded motion.
Vote: Aye: 9, No: 0, Abstain: 0
- Newsletter/Donnie Hansen: Bill was asked to contribute an article. Donnie received samples from Dany Ellison. Linda McNitt shared it was requested at the Governor’s meeting, COB newsletter be submitted to them. Board discussed the newsletter. Donnie is working on developing the newsletter.
- Bank Accounts: (Carl absent) Bill read Treasurer Report.
Bank of Sierra General Account $15,771.83
Bank of Serra Events Account $2552.62
Valley Strong Charity Account $6379.65
Board discussed accounts and need to have three signers on accounts.
Liz made motion to add Tony Sparano (Vice President) to all accounts.
Donnie seconded motion.
Vote: Aye: 9, No, 1, Abstain 0
Board discussion continued. Bill intends for all banking items to come to the Board. Audit history was discussed (bylaws, when independent audit happened?) Charity account and COB identifying a specific charity is a future topic to take to the club.
Tony asked about a refund for ten members that contributed money to Streets of Bakersfield. Dave Kielty is contacting Streets of Bakersfield Cruise and Shine regarding money we paid.
- Mailbox Key: Bill will get the mailbox key and will now be distributing mail to board members as needed.
- Sponsorship: 3-Way Chevorlet having difficult financial times. No sponsorship funds ($100 per month) have not been received for last four months. They may give COB $300, but cannot allow the club to use meeting room due to virus. Board discussed membership cards provided by 3-Way and 10% discount status.
Diane made motion to continue 3-Way sponsorship, accept $300 and let them handle the business cards.
Liz seconded the motion.
Vote: Aye: 9, No, 0, Abstain, 0
- Website/Virgil Miller
Bill suggested adding a group photo to homepage. Virgil has added a drone photo. Board discussed webpage.
- Membership Roster
Kim distributed updated membership rosters to board members present.
- Location of July General Meeting
Board discussed future meetings; a park is preferable, but needs a speaker or bullhorn. Bill to decide about the July meeting and notify members.
- Comments and/or Announcements
- 3-Way COB Showcase – Its contents were discussed. Liz has coins to display. Photos displays were suggested. Bill and Tony will meet 7/7/20 at 1:00 to clean it.
- Sympathy Cards – Board discussed when to send a sympathy, creating a floral account, and $ amount to allocate ($50 or was it increased to $100?). Diane to check past minutes. Kim to send a card for Barbara Compton.
- COB Breakfast – No July breakfast
- July Club Run to Three Rivers – Ken is working with Michael Rouw and will get info out to members. RSVPs will go to Ken. Ken will communicate with Michael.
- Club Run Safety – BIll emphasized safety and encouraged all members to have a fire extinguisher in their trunk. Board discussed club’s two safety kits* and their locations. *Event Touring Rules state there should be one in front and end cars.
Chris Espita will donate two first aid kits for club use. Donnie will check if she has a hazard kit.
Diane Wallace made motion to adjourn meeting at 7:40 pm.
Donnie seconded the motion.
Vote: Aye: 9, No: 0, Abstain: 0
*Notice of meeting 6/25/2020 via email from Bill Dean to Board Members
Diane Wallace, COB secretary
July 7, 2020