Corvettes of Bakersfield, Inc.
9/11/2018 at Three Way Chevrolet
6:43 P.M. Meeting called to order
50 members in attendance.
Flag Salute led by Danny Ellison, Sergeant At Arms with a moment of silence for 9-1-1
Minutes – Larry Young motioned to approve the minutes from last month’s meeting. Danny Ellison made a second. Motion passed.
Guests – there were three guests in attendance, Jack & Yolanda Atkinson with an admiral blue 2019 grand Sport. They were formerly from Santa Clara and have moved to Tehachapi. Also joining us was Don Allen.
Getting To Know You – This month the member was Linda McNitt. Adrian Medina guessed correctly from the clues.
Gambler’s Classic – Spreadsheet was put together and showed that the cost of the event was $31,063.32. Income was $35,728.90, netting the club $4,665.58.
October Charity Give-Away – Bob passed out ballots to everyone with additional charities nominated by members last month. Each member is to select three (3) charities of the thirteen listed. The top five (5) will join the previous five (5), selected last month, to be recipients of $1,000.00 each at our October Charity Give-Away. Ballots will be counted before the end of the meeting
- Sergeant At Arms – Danny Ellison collected for No Name Tags.
- Treasurer Report – Bob presented a ledger of the past month’s financial transactions. Memberships can be renewed online. 9/30/2018 is the deadline to renew memberships for this year.
- Webmaster – Just a reminder that the minutes are posted on the club’s website, both the general minutes and the Board of Directors’ minutes. Window Decals have been received and cost $1.00. Red and black ball caps with “Corvettes Of Bakersfield” on them are available to members for $15.00. Contact Virgil or Kim Miller.
- Newsletter – will be working on something soon.
- Events – Greg recently went on the Coastal Run with other members. He showed a video of the event to members. Upcoming events are posted on the website. Information on the 2019 National Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green, KY was presented. It was suggested that COB join with southern California corvette owners and make the journey back east together. Those interested will have further discussion and bring it back to the membership.
- BCCC – Dale and Trudy Frye recently attended their first BCCC meeting as representatives of COB. Nothing to report at this time.
- Retirement – Adrian Medina is retiring from his job after more than 30 years. Members are invited to attend a luncheon for Adrian at Hodel’s on October 21, 2018.
Ballots were counted and the additional five charities that we will donate to are: Wounded Heroes, Alzheimer’s Association, Bakersfield Firefighters Burn Foundation, 999 Foundation and Ronald McDonald House.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 P.M.