General Meeting October 11, 2016
1) Meeting called to order by president Robert Salter at 7:01 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance lead by Larry Young.
3) Last month’s meeting minutes approved by Larry Young and Henry Gallego with one correction addressed.
4) September Birthdays and Anniversaries were announced.
5) Treasures report given by Ed Combs and the club is solvent.
6) Club members report total was not available. We had 1 prospective member present. 7) Guest and new members were announced.
1) Tony Ennis announced we had 37 people attend our annual wine run. The proprietor of the hotel bought a light for our use and we were really grateful. 50/50 brought in $280 and no total yet from the Raffle.
2) Charity event will be Oct 15th at Tom and Nancy Jones. All charities will attend and are extremely gracious. The mayor is not attending. There is a total of 69 RSVP’s.
3) Oct 9th event at Eureka Burger was a great success. Everyone loved it.
4) Sep 15th Night at Chuy’s 50/50 made $183 for COB. Thank you all who attended.
1) Our February 14th meeting will be a dinner begin organized by Kathy Gallego. Updates will follow.
2) COB will raffle one Christmas dinner for two for our Hungry Hunter event on Dec 3rd at our November Meeting. You must be present to WIN.
3) Rick Reno Stevens band has signed the contract to be at our Gamblers Classis 2017. 4) Trunk or Treat at Chuy’s is Oct 27th.
5) COB is having a brunch at Lengthwise Brewery on Nov 20th Please RSVP if your planning to attend.
6) Gamblers Classic 2017 flyer has been sent out by email with Registration forms to Corvette Clubs.
7) COB members will be paying $30 per person to attend Gamblers Classic.
8) COB will have one Raffle in April for everyone who has paid to reimburse their payment to Gamblers
Classic. You must be present at the April meeting to WIN.
9) Tony Ennis spoke about the history of COB and the Veterans Day Parade. He has yet to receive any info regarding our participation. Veterans Parade is on Nov 11th. More info to follow.
10) COB is considering advertisement for Gamblers Classic in the National Corvette Museum website. Bob Vella will look into this for COB.
50/50 winner: Carl Lang. Donated it back to COB.Thank You Carl.
Raffle Donated by Bill and Janice Dean: Halloween Candy Bucket – Larry Young
Raffle Donated by Don and Betsy Slauson: Dish with Candy: Kathy Gallego
Bead Blade Auto Drying Tool: Wally Whitaker NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0: Gary Smith
The Absorber Towels: Tom Jones
President envelope Winner: Rosa and Jess Perez (Newlyweds 4 years)
Meeting Adjourned at 7:52 pm. No November refreshments due to location. November Raffle will be provided by Skip and Jewell Ogle.
***REMINDER our November 8th meeting location has changed. We will be meeting at
Round Table Pizza 4200 Gosford Road, Bakersfield Ca. at 7pm (Board members will meet at 6pm)